Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dr. Mom

As I reflect on Mother's Day, one special Mother's Day comes to mind.  Mother's Day 1997.  That was the first Mother's Day of having my daughter.  My son was almost 3 at the time.  My life was complete with my husband, son, and daughter. 

My mom was alive that Mother's Day.  She passed in June 2003.  I miss her every day.  But I get to look at her in my 3 generation picture on my mantel.  My mom, my daughter and myself.

My mom taught me so much.  She taught me the benefits of a healthy diet, being compassionate, and loving my children with all of my being. 

She taught me that it wasn't selfish to have time for myself, to care for myself, so that it would show my children to care about their own health and know that it makes me a better mom when I can enjoy time with my friends.

So today, know that creating a healthy family is like a game of follow the leader.  Your kids will do what you do.  Take care of yourself first. 

When you are ready to be a leader and take care of yourself first, I'm here to help.  Contact me at 810-813-3308 or marybeth@mamabearproductions.net.

May God bless you on this special day and always!

Mary Beth
www.mamabearproductions.net

No comments: