Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

The Soy Myth

Thank you Dr. Brouse for this insightful information.

Henry Ford made plastics from soybeans.  Soy oil will oxidate and will turn into a plastic (when baking at a high temperature). 

Soy is a vulnerable product. 

But the protein from soy is a controversy. 

Vegetarian Times had an article telling of the damaging effects of the procesing of soy has done to vegetarian lifestyle.  Since we've identified healthy soy, and a billion people in Asia consumes on a daily basis and have for several thousand years and they use it in a form that is safe and effective, which typically is in a raw form.

Soy can be modified in a process called Textured Modified protein and PVP is a process where they take soy beans, cook them at a high temperature, then grind them up. 

By performing the PVP process, all beneficial properties of the soy bean are eliminated and our bodies cannot digest the soy.

Dr. Shaklee, instead of using the high temperature heat process, began experimenting with Cold Water Extraction. Shaklee Soy Protein has active urea enzymes present.  Many soy proteins DO NOT have urea enzymes due to processing the soy at high temperatures.  This is a key factor in realizing that the soy protein HAS NOT been damaged by processing the product.  Shaklee protein has and does not go under oxidative process.

Cold water isolate wash, specific to Shaklee, the anti-growth factor and anti thyroid factor is removed without damaging the protein itself.  Preserve the quality of the protein.

Every vegetable we eat from the garden and the orchard, contains phytoestrogens.  Nearly all the foods we eat are "female" in the plant kingdom.  Loaded with thousands of different phytoestrogens.

Veggie burgers, Silk Milk, baco bits  have altered proteins  DO NOT USE much of these products.

Here's my personal testimony.  I have been using Shaklee's Soy Protein for over 14 years.  If you consider that my mom had many female issues and the females on my dad's side of the family and female problems, I should have them as well.  I don't.  I've eased into the next wonderful phase of woman hood, I don't have hot flashes, I sleep well at night and I feel great!

So if the Soy Protein I've been using for years was bad for me, should I feel this good?

Mary Beth Potrykus
www.mamabearproductions.net

No comments: